Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Dudu-Osun Black Soap

Okay, so I have been doing my research on this Dudu-Osun Black Soap since I started using it about 2 or 3 days ago. Apparently users should start seeing the effects of the soap right away and if not then after a few weeks. The skin will start to feel smoother and for those with oily skin (like myself) your skin will become less oily and more evened out... Claims have been made that it does help with getting rid of discoloration in two ways (I am still waiting to see if this statement holds any sort of truth to it).

First it stops lesions from forming. The oil control and cleansing properties helps to fade overall spots, helping decrease the formation of new lesions as well as help the old ones to go away.

Second, it helps to gently exfoliate the skin when you wash with it, which speeds up the cell turnover and helps dark spots fade.

I wash my face with it as I would with any facial cleanser. It lathers just like a regular soap. Sometimes I leave it on my skin for a minute or two to help it really penetrate, but lately I have been rubbing a piece of the bar gently between my hands then using the foam from the bar to apply to my face in a gentle circular motion. Then I rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water, apply my toner, then apply my AM or PM moisturizer. That's it!

I store my black soap in a soap dish. Oh, and apparently you can also use the soap as a shampoo. I haven't tried it as a shampoo as of yet, but I'm tempted too! Anyway, with all the great reviews, I am definitely looking forward to seeing the results as the days go by.

Have a flawless day!